Ingredients for Pizza
1 Nourishe pizza crust (made and prebaked according to box directions)
½ pound medium size raw shrimp (cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
3 cups fresh spinach leaves (wilted in microwave for 45 seconds and water squeezed out)
I recipe parsley and basil pesto (or store bought)
1 recipe for béchamel sauce (or store bought)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 TBS finely grated parmesan cheese
Recipe for Parsley and Basil Almond Pesto
Ingredients for pesto:
Handful of parsley (stems removed)
Small Handful of basil
2 cloves of garlic
2 TBS grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup olive oil (not extra virgin)
2 tsp lemon juice
Salt & pepper to taste
Dash red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions for Pesto:
Put all ingredients into a food processor and blend well.
Recipe for Béchamel Sauce (White Sauce)
Ingredients for White Sauce:
2TBS white wine
1 1/2 cup heavy cream (or canned coconut milk)
2 TBS unsalted butter
2 TBS arrowroot powder
salt, to taste
Directions for White Sauce:
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat add butter.
- When butter has melted but not browning, add the white wine and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the cream. Continue to stir for about 1 minute.
- Mix the arrowroot powder with about 2 TBS of water to make a slurry.
- Over low heat slowly stir in the arrowroot mixture into the sauce. The sauce will thicken. The consistency should be like smooth custard. If it is too thin add more arrowroot slurry.
- Add a little salt to taste.
To Assemble and Bake Pizza:
- Put pizza stone in oven if using and preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Liberally spread the pesto sauce onto the pizza crust, followed by the béchamel sauce.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese to cover the crust, but do not put too much.
- Next add the shrimp pieces, followed by the spinach.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese lightly over everything and sprinkle a little red pepper flakes (optional).
- Bake either on a pizza stone or directly on the middle rack of the oven for about 16 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil at 500 degrees and brown the top for about 2 to 3 minutes until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
We hope you’ll enjoy our pizza. If you decide to order our mix (click the button below) and try this recipe, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
With love and soul,
Della & Richard