We love pizza and there is nothing better than a classic Pizza Margherita made with fresh tomatoes, fresh basil and real mozzarella cheese. It’s simple, yet delicious and our crispy thin style of crust is a perfect base for this classic.
Below you’ll find the recipe and also a short video on how to make this authentic pizza. Enjoy and Buon Appetito!
Ingredients for Crust
1 Package Nourishe Pizza crust mix
1 packet yeast (inside the box)
3/4 cup warm water
1 heaping tsp honey (or sugar)
1 egg white
Ingredients for Topping
1/4 cup tomato paste diluted with 1/4 cup water
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
8oz fresh mozzarella cheese (sliced 1/4 inch thick)
3 Roma tomatoes (sliced 1/4 inch thick)
A big handful of fresh basil
Directions (video below):
Preheat Oven to 425 degrees.
Make your pizza crust according to directions on the box and prebake for 9 to 10 minutes
Assemble your pizza:
- Spread a thin layer of diluted tomato paste onto the pre-baked pizza crust.
- Leave a little of the edge (about 1/2 inch) uncovered by the tomato paste.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella next to cover the tomato sauce.
- Next place tomato slices on top of the shredded cheese leaving some space in between for the sliced mozzarella. Place the sliced mozzarella in the spaces between the tomato slices.
- Tear into little pieces about two thirds of the fresh basil and sprinkle over the top of everything. Press the basil pieces down slightly.
- Transfer the assembled pizza directly onto a heated pizza stone (or place directly onto the middle rack of the oven if you do not have a stone).
- Bake for 11 to 12 minutes and then turn oven to broil.
- Broil until top is golden and bubbly (about 3 to 4 minutes).
- Remove onto a pizza pan.
- Roll the rest of the fresh basil into a small ball and slice into small pieces. Sprinkle over the top of hot pizza and serve.
Here’s a short video demo:
We hope you’ll enjoy our pizza. If you decide to order our mix (click the button below) and try this recipe, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
With love and soul,
Della & Richard